In promoting the best interest of your employees you naturally endeavour to ensure the healthiest / safest possible working environment, whether it be an office or factory floor area, whilst at the same time keeping abreast of Health & Safety legislation.
Ashgrove Surgery, a six-partner Practice of GPs with a variety of special interests, has the expertise to provide a comprehensive occupational health service.
Our lead partner in this discipline holds the Diploma in Occupational Health and has experience in both office and factory environments.
Our services are available on a 'retained' or ad-hoc basis. We are able to offer or facilitate the provision of the following services:
- Pre employment assessments matched to job roles
- Absence and sickness protocols to minimise unnecessary absenteeism
- Sickness/absence assessments
- Resettlement/rehabilitation advice
- Ill health retirements
- Immunisation programmes matched to risk
- Flu vaccination programmes to reduce absence
- Teaching and education to workforce, safety representatives and management.
Work Place Environment Services
- On site workplace risk/hazard assessments
- Assessment of existing control measures
- Position re: current and proposed legislation, e.g. Disability Discrimination Act
- Advice/guidance on appropriate additional control measures
- Provide ongoing surveillance system
- Formalise support to HR departments
- Major incident protocols
- Support for Occupational Nurses in extended roles
- First aid training (facilitation)
- Basic ergonomic assessments
- Advice on epidemiological research and prevention
- Health education and promotion
- Surveillance of groups at special risk
- Provide link to research organisations/government departments etc.
- Primary care in the workplace
Our occupational health service is provided by one of Ashgrove Surgery's partners: Dr Karen Jones. More information about the doctors can be found by following our "Meet the team" link.
Getting In Touch / Meeting Us
You can call the Occupational Health Team on 01443 490903 to arrange a mutually convenient time for you to visit. Please feel free to email us on email@example.com or visit our websitewww.ashgroveocchealth.com